Why see Jamie M. Joseph, Ph.D. for counseling or evaluation & consultation when struggling to build your family?
Dr. Joseph received advanced post-doctoral training in working with patients experiencing infertility and specializes in reproductive health and family building concerns. She helps patients cope with the emotional experience of infertility, pregnancy loss, third-party reproduction, PCOS, family building and other reproductive concerns while welcoming diversity, inclusion and equality for all people. Dr. Joseph is an active member of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) and abides by their guidelines and recommendations in conducting evaluations, consultations and therapy for those choosing to build their families through assisted reproductive techniques.
Dr. Joseph is committed to helping all individuals, couples and families envision and create their dreams for being parents. She welcomes Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Queer, Asexual, Polyamorous, Intersex and Pansexual persons. Dr. Joseph does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, financial status or age.
1. Psychological Assessments and Consultations:
Dr. Joseph has extensive advanced training in conducting Psychological Assessments and consultations of individuals involved in third party reproduction, including those for:
People intending to become:
- Egg donors
- Sperm donors
- Gestational carriers
- Embryo donors
- A giver of adoption to another person or couple
Intended Parent(s) considering using:
- Donor eggs / sperm or both
- A gestational carrier
- Donated embryo(s)
- Or the adoption of a child
2. Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapy
Reproductive health challenges can profoundly affect psychological well-being and often creates some of the most distressing life crises that individuals or couples have ever experienced. Working with a psychologist, like Dr. Joseph, who has expertise in fertility counseling allows you to immediately work on your concerns rather than having to ‘explain’ fertility terminology, procedures and issues. In addition to evaluation and consultation, Dr. Joseph conducts psychotherapy sessions to address:
- Pregnancy Loss / Miscarriage
- Early Neonatal Death and still born deliveries
- Reproductive Trauma and stress of infertility treatments and challenges
- Dealing with unsupportive responses from and boundary issues with friends and family
- Family-building options, including the implications each alternative may have for you, your partner and your future family