Why see Jamie M. Joseph, Ph.D. for counseling or evaluation & consultation when struggling with gender related concerns?
Dr. Joseph specializes in working with people managing the full continuum of gender-related concerns. She is a member of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH). In addition to providing counseling to the LGBTQI+ community, she is a volunteer Clinical Speaker for the YES Institute, a non-profit organization in Miami, Florida whose goal is to provide community education on gender and orientation in attempt to decrease the suicide rate in youth.
Services offered for gender expansive people and their families / allies are:
1. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to address situations, issues or concerns related to gender development, gender identity and potential conflicts or difficulties in this area.
2. Gender Affirming and Gender Informed Assessment & Recommendations for adults interested in pursuing:
- Affirmative hormone therapy
- Gender-related surgeries
3. Gender Affirmation Documentation for:
- Legal Name / Gender Marker Changes
- Transition in school / work settings
- Safe passage / travel
4. Co-Occurring Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) or Neuro-atypical Individuals:
- Some scientific evidence suggests an over representation of individuals with ASD and Gender Dysphoria.
- For individuals already diagnosed with ASD or other Neuro-atypicality’s, the diagnosis and treatment of Gender Dysphoria is complex. Dr. Joseph has experience working with these specific cases.