Why see Jamie M. Joseph, Ph.D. for counseling or evaluation & consultation when struggling with gender related concerns?
Services offered for gender expansive people and their families / allies are:
1. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to address situations, issues or concerns related to gender development, gender identity and potential conflicts or difficulties in this area.
2. Gender Affirming and Gender Informed Assessment & Recommendations for children / adolescents & adults interested in pursuing:
- Puberty blockers
- Affirmative hormone therapy
- Gender related surgeries
3. Gender Affirmation Documentation for:
- Legal Name / Gender Marker Changes
- Transition in school / work settings
- Safe passage / travel
4. Co-Occurring Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) or Neuro-atypical Individuals:
- Some scientific evidence suggests an over representation of individuals with ASD and Gender Dysphoria.
- For individuals already diagnosed with ASD or other Neuro-atypicality’s, the diagnosis and treatment of Gender Dysphoria is complex. Dr. Joseph has experience working with these specific cases.